Effective January, 2012
As a custom maker, hardly any two guitars I make are alike, as I work closely with my clients to make each one a guitar that fits them as individually as possible. Even given the fact that I make seven sizes and models of guitars, as well as unique custom ones, my instruments are widely known as all having great presence and depth of tone and sensitivity of response.
If you commission a guitar from me, I'd like a tracing of your left hand and information about the average seasonal humidity in your area. I'd also like to know something about you, the kind of music you play, how you play it, what gauge strings you prefer, and also the indoors environment that the guitar is likely to live in.
My price for a guitar is currently $30,000, plus whatever customizing features or design elements you want, plus applicable tax and shipping. For a more complete quote, please read the "about my current pricing" section below.
VIEW THE PRICELIST.
This price includes any of the following features and options:
About My Current Pricing
- Full and Thorough discussion of your needs and desires in this project, with information about the tonal implications of any design or ornamental feature.
- Top: choice of best quality European spruce, or Sitka spruce, or cedar, or redwood. Full information on tonal implications can be provided on request
- Brazilian rosewood back and sides. Other options include choice of East Indian rosewood, figured maple, figured koa, padauk, figured mahogany or wenge
- Either 12-fret or 14-fret model with choice of slotted or non-slotted peghead
- Choice of modified dreadnought, jumbo, OM, 000, 00, flamenco or classic model
- Choice of neck width, shape, and string spacing. Ebony fingerboard with rosewood/ebony/maple binding
- Hard (18% nickel-silver) frets
- All wood bindings and purflings throughout; hand-sculpted bridge and peghead
- Fingerboard inlays: 'fancy' snowflake, or abalone linear position markers
- Clear pickguard (optional)
- Choice of gold or chrome Schaller, Gotoh, or Van Gent tuning machines
- Elegant handmade and original soundhole rosette
- Clear lacquer finish
- Hoffee travel case
- Full warrantee for as long as you have the guitar
I build a modest number of instruments each year, and I have a backlog of guitar orders. As things stand at present, I would expect the current waiting period to start your instrument to be about 1 to 1-1/2 years from receipt of a deposit. A deposit of 10% of the price places your order on my list. Half of that is non-refundable, in such case as you change your mind for any reason.
Your deposit becomes fully non-refundable when actual construction begins. The price does not include shipping and applicable taxes. I will ask for subsequent payments on completion of significant parts of your guitar, as well as when the box is completed and about to have the finish applied. Balance of the price will be due upon completion of the guitar.
Please come visit me, call or write, and I'll be pleased to answer any questions you might have about my guitars or my work. And many of my custom projects and specially commissioned design/art work are on view on my website.
> VIEW THE CURRENT PRICELIST FOR ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
©2010, Ervin Somogyi, all rights reserved.
Website designed by HYPERSPHERE.